Do you want to get the most money for your Little Rock house?
“What do I need to do to sell my house in Little Rock“?
Here are some things that you can do to get top dollar for your home:
*Disclaimer: This write up is for those who are looking to get top dollar on their home. If you are not interested in doing these things or you don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Little Rock house fast for a fair value with our company.
1) Make it spotless. Buyers expect to see a spotless house. They want to envision a home they can live in and when they look at the house it should be spic and span.
If you can’t keep your house clean then we would recommend that you find somewhere else to live when you are selling your home. Keeping everything extremely clean makes buyers comfortable in your home, the last thing you want is to have someone want to get out of your house as soon as possible.
2) Create a blank canvas. Avoid bright and bold colors! You don’t have to paint everything white and blank. In fact, some subtle colors can really help change the perception of spaces – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
Don’t be afraid to pay for high quality paint and hiring painters to complete the work. People will typically make higher offers for a house with just the right colors and very crisp lines. It makes the home seem “high quality” even though it is just good paint.
This is a subconscious reaction that all people have when they enter spaces.
3) Make repairs. Think of it as an investment to make repairs or upgrades to your house. If you have older appliances or features of the home that is really outdated, that could hurt your bottom line. Buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller you could be left with having to pay more or decrease your selling price if the home isn’t as advertised.
It’s often a good use of money to get ahead of the game and bring in a home inspector before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done your repairs and replacements. Buyers will be impressed that you have a third-party inspection report on the house to provide to them.
4) Don’t over improve. The most critical mistake you can make is to make over-the-top upgrades or “sizzle features” to the home. This won’t increase the value dramatically and will end up costing your money than you can get a return on.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get opinions from an expert. You can find some reputable real estate agents who can give you a good idea of where to price your property. Be honest with them, if you plan on listing the property yourself be honest and upfront about that with them. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Marketing is key. Real Estate Brokers are good at marketing property. If you have marketing skills that you can use to sell your property then you should absolutely implement that. Marketing it crucial is selling your home.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best agents or investors do to sell houses in Little Rock – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Little Rock area, and we take care of everything listed in this article + much much more.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Little Rock California House Fast?
Most peoples goals is to get as much money possible for their piece of real estate. But many folks may not want to (or be capable of) completing the task above.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property. These all take money and time!
If you have the financial ability and you can wait the many months it takes to sell houses in this market then your best bet is to list your property with an agent on the MLS.
If you don’t have the finances OR the time, then you may be a perfect fit for our local Little Rock house buying service. You’ll submit basic info on our website, we’ll learn more about your home and your situation and make you a fair all-cash offer on your house. No obligations or commitments.
We can close fast (7-14 days)!
People in the Little Rock community have loved working with us because we provide solutions for finances and time.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Little Rock?” You now have two choices.
- Fix your property and prepare it to be shown to buyers.
- Let us do all the heavy lifting for you while saving you time and money in your sleep.
We buy properties like yours from people in Little Rock who need to sell fast.